Anytime is a great time for a salad. When the outside temperature heats up, the last thing you want to do is crank on the oven. To help cool your internal temperature and make summer more bearable, enjoying a salad every day is a good idea and will keep your health tip top. Try this light yet filling toasted pumpkin seed salad this summer, and watch how often you come back to it.
The purpose of this salad recipe is to provide a toasty twist to what sometimes can be a bland concoction.
The traditional salad ingredients, combined with the healthy fats of avocado and pumpkin seeds, makes this a salad that can satisfy your hunger pains and provide you with a healthy balance of vitamins and minerals. Be warned…it can get addicting!
- Leafy greens
- Pumpkin seeds (lightly toasted in coconut oil with sea salt and cayenne gives this salad more character)
- Homemade dressing
- Note: Add as little or as much of each ingredient as you wish. It’s your creation!
- Add 1-2 tsp of coconut oil to a saucepan and melt on low medium heat.
- Add pumpkin seeds and stir and turn until slightly toasted. Add things like sea salt, cayenne, and turmeric to add some character to your salad. Set aside to let cool.
- Chop and slice up other ingredients and put on a plate.
- Add slightly cooled pumpkin seeds and top with dressing.
- Good as a side or a complete meal at lunch or dinner.