A good deviled egg recipe is an essential part of any outdoor get together, and when it’s paired with another great food like a healthy potato salad recipe, you can pretty much ensure that the guests will go home happy. Unfortunately, these recipes can be filled with harmful ingredients, but with a few adjustments you can enjoy a healthier creation like this healthy deviled egg recipe.
Deviled eggs seem like a wholesome appetizer to many, but as with any food preparation, the ‘devil’ is in the details.
With this recipe, we use organic free range eggs loaded with healthy fats and proteins and no antibiotics, hormones, or chemicals. We also made sure that the mayonnaise contains no soy, dairy, sugar, or any other harmful ingredients.
- Medium Pot
- Hand mixer
- 6 organic free range eggs (hardboiled)
- 1 tbsp organic mustard
- 3 tbsp homemade mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika and dried parsley
- Peel hardboiled eggs.
- Cut eggs in half and place yolks in one bowl and egg whites on a plate.
- Add mustard, mayo, salt and pepper to the yolk bowl and mix with hand mixer until creamy.
- Use a pastry bag and put egg yolk mixture inside.
- Carefully fill egg shells using bag and squeezing out yolk mixture into eggs.
- Sprinkle with paprika and dried parsley before serving.
- Can be used as an appetizer to any meal, or enjoyed as a quick snack.