Nothing beats a good potato salad at a summer barbecue, but unfortunately they are usually laden with a mayonnaise that contains soy, sugar, vinegar, and other health destroying ingredients. However, when you combine a good red potato and a mayonnaise that eliminates all the bad and inserts a lot of good, you get yourself a healthy potato salad recipe that leaves no compromise in the taste department.
The purpose of this healthy potato salad recipe is to turn a traditional favourite into a healthy one, so we can still enjoy the taste but without the gastrointestinal upset. Using red potatoes, and a mayonnaise that incorporates olive oil and apple cider vinegar, we can eliminate a lot of those issues and actually improve the digestion of your meal.
This is a win-win for potato salad lovers everywhere.
- Sharp knife
- Large pot
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 3/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dill or parsley, minced
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces
- Throw in pot and cover with water
- Boil until tender
- Cool down to room temperature or lower
- Add other ingredients, mix, and store in fridge for hour or more for optimal taste
- Enjoy as part of your lunch or dinner, or even on its own as a light meal.