The easiest way to heal yourself is to consume foods that have a powerful impact on nourishing and balancing the body, thereby ridding itself of any issues that were created through contaminated food, air, and water. However, most people don’t know the most healing foods you should take regardless of your condition, that have the biggest impact in regaining your health. It’s time to address that – here’s the top 5 healing foods you should enjoy on a daily basis.
There are many ways to take this remarkably healing food, and it’s very easy to get into your body once you understand how you can utilize it through its various forms.
Once of these forms is through coconut oil.
Contrary to popular opinion in the hydrogenated oil industries, coconut oil is a very beneficial fat. It contains lauric acid, an important fatty acid that is also found abundantly in mothers milk, and that has a potent antiviral effect on the body. It is also excellent for the thyroid and does not raise cholesterol when consumed in a diet rich in essential fatty acids.
An also very important note is that anyone suffering from Candida (learn more through this simple test) can benefit greatly from the caprylic acid in coconut oil because of its potent anti-fungal properties.
Another healing form of this food is coconut water. Rich in B-vitamins and minerals, it can easily replace any energy drink and without all the harmful ingredients.
However, the true benefits from coconut water come from fermenting it and turning it into coconut kefir which multiplies it’s benefits (recipe here).
Coconut kefir has been noted to have the following benefits:
- Aids in digestion of all foods.
- Tones the intestines, and can flatten your abdomen.
- Cleanses the liver. People drinking coconut kefir have noted better complexion (brown liver spots, skin tags, moles, and warts all going away).
- Cleanses the endocrine system (adrenals, thyroid, pituitary, ovaries).
- Increases energy.
- Contains high levels of minerals including potassium, natural sodium, calcium, and magnesium which strengthens hair, skin, and nails.
Finally, you can also benefit by eating the soft and pudding like meat in a young green coconut which is high in protein, enzyme rich, and very easy to digest. An even better idea is to ferment this as well, to make a health promoting coconut yogurt (which is also great for yogurt lovers who want to avoid dairy)!
Take coconut oil in your smoothies, use in baking, and an the oil of choice for other cooking methods and start using the water to make a delicious batch of coconut kefir.
It’s no stretch to say that coconut is easily one of the most potent healing foods on the planet!
Hemp seed (not to be confused with “cannabis”) is another very healing food that doesn’t get near enough attention.
One of the most beneficial components of hemp is its full range of amino acids as well as being a perfectly balanced source of Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s), making it one of the very few plant based complete protein sources. EFA’s include the optimal ratio of omega-3’s and omega-6’s, which helps maintain a healthy immune system and is responsible for healthy looking skin, hair, and nails.
Due to the exceptional concentration of EFA’s in hemp, they are also known for their role in preventing heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cancer, arthritis, and much more. It’s also important to keep in mind that EFA’s are indispensable for function and development of the brain and nervous system and the production of healthy cell membranes.
Try making hemp milk for your smoothies or simply use the seeds or oil as a wonderful addition to your salads.
Algae’s are one of the top super foods known to man, and have a reputation that reaches far back into history. They are found in nature growing in the still alkaline waters of lakes and ponds.
Algae includes blue-green algae, spirulina, and chlorella. The benefits of these healing foods are far reaching, and include:
- Rich in vitamins A, C, E, and B-complex including B12 and B6.
- Rich in natural minerals like calcium, magnesium, and iron, as well as many trace minerals.
- Antioxidant properties which aids in the elimination of toxins and free radicals.
- Cancer fighting properties.
- Heavy metal detoxification.
- Rich in protein, including essential amino acids. Spirulina, for example, produces 20x more protein per acre vs soybeans, without all the other complications of conventional soy protein.
- Spirulina is rich in GLA’s (gamma linolenic acid), an essential fatty acid which aids in the health of joints and heart.
- Balances the flora in the gut, which aids digestion and fights candida overgrowth.
- Reduces inflammation.
Algae’s are very potent and pack a very pungent taste. They are available in capsule and powder form, and are often additions to super food powder formulations that are often created in a way that mutes the taste profile so they can be enjoyed in smoothies as well.
Man has been fermenting foods for thousands of years as a way of preserving their harvest (much like pickling), but the other benefits are seemingly not well known.
Since 80% of our immune system is in the gut, and fermented foods are extremely beneficial to that area, it’s a logical connection that fermented foods are one of the most healing foods you can enjoy.
Some of the known benefits of fermented foods include:
- An exceptional source of live probiotics.
- Keep bad bacteria and yeast in check. The lactic acid producing lactobacilli in these foods alter the acidity in the intestine which in turn helps prevent overgrowth of unfriendly bacteria, molds, and Candida.
- Provide enzymes, organic acids, B vitamins, Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
- Provide more energy because nutrients are pre-digested and more easily assimilated.
- Helps eliminate toxins, rejuvenates your cells, and strengthens your immune system.
- Helps with appetite and weight control.
- Help alleviate morning sickness in pregnant women.
When you consider that your body is mostly made up of bacteria, and the balance of them in your gut is critical, it becomes very obvious why these probiotic rich foods are essential to healthy living and longevity.
Since our bodies are made of around 70 to 80% water and it is mostly stored in our cells, it can be easily fathomed that maintaining proper hydration at the cellular level is very important.
The integrity of our cells determine our overall health and our cells are essentially little water bags full of nutrients. We want to keep those little water bags full and properly nourished in order to remain in a good state of health.
Water also assists in the ‘electrical’ activity of our body that is required for many functions to take place, and it also helps assimilate the nutrients from our food as well helping usher the toxic waste out of our body for effective elimination. This ensures these toxins are not reabsorbed into our bloodstream where it can cause further damage to our body.
Think of water as the most effective flushing method in your body to remove toxins and other unwanted organisms. The purity and quality of your water is obviously very important, and the vast majority of them don’t make the grade. Fortunately, you can get one of the best in the industry with the Big Berkey.