Alternatives to dairy are becoming more in demand, and for good reason. Regular dairy has been known to cause all kinds of issues, most notably allergies. Check out one of the healthiest ‘milks’ you can make, and how you avoid the mucous and get a more efficient protein source in place of it.
We use conventional milk is far too many ways, and when it has many negative health implications, it’s best to seek alternatives that not only eliminate side effects, but provide additional nutrition.
Hemp milk is 24% protein and includes a full range of amino acids as well as a balanced source of Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s), including Omega 3’s and 6’s. This supports a healthy immune system and helps create healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Quality Blender
- Nut milk bag or fine strainer
- 1L or larger pouring container (measuring cup works nicely)
- 2/3 cup of organic hemp seeds
- 32-36 oz of filtered or spring water
- Add hemp seeds to blender
- Add water
- Pour hemp milk through fine strainer into measuring cup or other 1L container capable of pouring
- Pour into 1L container and store in fridge. Will stay freshest for up to 3 days.
- Use in smoothies, teas, and breakfast recipes.