A good plate of nachos are often difficult to resist. The combination of corn, cheese, jalapenos, and other vegetables dipped into a savoury salsa is a favourite in homes and bars during game day, or any occasion for that matter. However, nachos are typically the furthest thing from health food…until now. Feast your eyes on this healthy nachos recipe.
The purpose of this healthy nachos recipe is to take a fan favourite and turn it into delicious, health promoting snack. We can do this by making the nachos organic and Non-GMO, use a cheese substitute (or make it raw), and fresh organic vegetables (including fermented ones) that will aid in the digestion of your snack by offering beneficial probiotics.
Your stomach will thank you for it.
- Cookie sheet
- Organic, non-GMO corn chips
- Daiya cheese or raw cheese
- Unpasteurized sauerkraut (or fermented vegetables of choice)
- Red peppers
- Spread corn chips onto cookie sheet
- Add jalapenos, tomatoes, red pepper, and onion
- Cover with daiya or raw cheese
- Pop in oven on broil for 3 minutes or less (until cheese is JUST melted – be careful NOT to burn)
- Add avocado and fermented vegetables
- Dip in fermented salsa to improve digestion and nutrients of you new healthy snack!
- Have as a snack before the big game, but be careful to not eat within a few hours of bedtime.