A fever is your body’s way of fighting an infection during a flu or infection, however suppressing a fever is not advised as the fever will kill the bacteria and virus. Keep in mind, high fevers can be dangerous, especially for small children, but natural medicine has numerous treatments to reduce it.
10 ways to reduce a fever
1) Add a half cup of apple cider vinegar to lukewarm bath water and soak for five to ten minutes.
2) Boil artichokes and cook until soft. Eat the bottom part of the leaves.
3) Add one teaspoon of tulsi leaves to one cup of hot water, steep for five minutes, and drink three to four times a day. A high fever should be gone by the next day. Other herbs that can encourage sweating and bring out a fever are peppermint, elderflowers and yarrow.
4) Place a slice of raw onion on the bottom of each foot and wrap feet in a warm blanket.
5) Dip a washcloth in a bowl of warm water mixed with a cup of apple cider vinegar. Wring it out, and apply to the forehead to treat a high fever.
6) Add one teaspoon of mustard seeds to one cup of hot water, steep for five minutes, and then drink.
7) Slice a potato and soak the slices in apple cider vinegar for ten minutes. Then place the slices on the forehead while you lie down and place a washcloth on top. Results should be seen in about 20 minutes.
8) Place a slice of lemon on the bottom of the feet and cover with a wet cotton sock. Cover this sock with a wool sock. An alternate sock treatment is to soak two washcloths in egg whites, place this on the soles of the feet, and cover with socks.
9) Warm a mixture of two tablespoons of olive oil and two large crushed garlic cloves. Apply the mixture under the sole of each foot, wrap each foot with plastic, and keep on for the night. Olive oil and garlic are both wonderful home remedies for fever.
10) For a high fever, soak 25 raisins in half a cup of water. Crush the raisins into the water and strain. Add the juice from a half of a lime to the water and drink twice a day.
If a high fever persists, consult with your medical adviser.
Sources for this article include:
The views and services offered by Healing the Body are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical service, but as an alternative for those who are seeking natural solutions for better health. As part of this service, we recommend certain products that we are affiliated with because we have personal experience in using them and believe they can create noticeable results for others when used properly and are cleared by your medical professional. For more information, please see our full disclosure.