Imagine a creamy dreamy soft ice cream that’s totally devoid of anything bad, and chock-full of everything good. You’re welcome.
Bananas are a premium source of potassium, and cacao nibs are one of nature’s best (and most delicious!) antioxidant-rich whole foods. Add in some mineral rich and hormone balancing maca, and a few savoury spices, and you’ve got one of the most nutritious ice creams you will ever eat!
Enjoy this guilt-free superfood treat!
- Food processor
- 2 cups frozen banana chunks (frozen for at least 12 hours, using very ripe bananas)
- ¼ cup (or less) almond milk – just enough so that your mixture will blend
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tablespoon maca powder
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Add last: 2 teaspoons raw cacao nibs
- In a food processor with an S-blade, place all of the ingredients, except for the nutmeg and cacao nibs.
- Blend until smooth and creamiliscious (it’s a word), using just enough of the almond milk so that your mixture blends up well.
- Serve immediately, dusted with nutmeg and topped with the cacao nibs.
- Enjoy when the ice cream fancy hits you.