Everyone seems to love a good chip. However, chips commonly found in stores contain non-organic potatoes, iodized salt, and less than desirable fats. This is very easy to clean up without a serious sacrifice in taste, and with that, zucchini chips were born.
The purpose of this recipe is to provide a healthier alternative to the conventional potato chip. This can be largely accomplished by introducing a generally cleaner vegetable (if choosing conventional), healthier salt, and avoiding less desirable oils.
- Dehydrator (preferable) or oven
- Zucchini (as much as you wish to slice)
- Sea salt or herbamare
- Apple cider vinegar
- Slice zucchini into thin rounds (about an 1/8 inch thick)
- Soak or toss in apple cider vinegar (depending on your taste preferences for vinegar)
- Sprinkle salt on chips (as desired)
- Place in dehydrator at temperature you choose, and remove when they become crispy. Amount of time will depend on temperature and thickness (budget for at least 8 hours). If choosing oven, bake at the lowest temperature possible.
- As desired. They’re good for you, remember?
The views and services offered by Healing the Body are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical service, but as an alternative for those who are seeking natural solutions for better health. As part of this service, we recommend certain products that we are affiliated with because we have personal experience in using them and believe they can create noticeable results for others when used properly and are cleared by your medical professional. For more information, please see our full disclosure.