A woman recently told me that her husband now prefers this over steak! This deliciously addictive dish has also been referred to as “vegetable crack” by more than a few people.
The garlic in this dish is the perfect broad-spectrum medicine, especially this time of year. It boosts the immune system, is anti-bacterial, and is anti-viral. The cauliflower, as with all veggies, is a great source of nutrients and fiber.
Not only that, but this cruciferous vegetable is excellent for cleaning up your digestive system, which is the gateway to true health and happiness. So realistically, this dish could leave you with a perma-grin for hours or even days.
- Large bowl
- Cookie sheet
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaf, stems removed and chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, extra-virgin or regular
- 6 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (plus up to ⅛ teaspoon more if you like)
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: organic sugar (or sucanat) and ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3½ cups chopped cauliflower (cut into bite sized pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Place everything but the cauliflower in a large bowl and stir to mix. Next, add the cauliflower and combine well with the seasonings using a rubber spatula. At this point you can allow the mixture to marinate for up to 24 hours (refrigerated in an airtight container) if you like.
- Spread the mixture onto a large ungreased cookie sheet, using the rubber spatula to scrape all of the herbs and spices onto the cauliflower. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Turn the cauliflower over with a heat proof spatula and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and very tender. Remove and serve. Feel impressed with yourself for as long as you like.
- Enjoy as a meal or side.
- Serves 2/GF/SF/Green (according to colour coded system in Tess’s books)