A nice cool, fruity, and refreshing smoothie can just be what the naturopathic doctor ordered on a hot summer day. Enjoy this healthy take on the orange creamsicle popsicle, in smoothie format.
The purpose of this smoothie recipe is to make your taste buds scream in delight as you reminisce about the good ole days of popsicles and summer time. Not only does it satisfy your tastebuds and memories, it also delivers incredible nutrients without any harmful ingredients like added sugar or dairy.
- Good quality blender
- 3 medium sized oranges, peeled or juiced
- 4 ounces of almond or coconut milk
- 4 ounces of coconut water
- 4 ounces young coconut meat
- 1 cup of ice
- Optional: 1 cup of raw yogurt or dairy kefir
- Peel oranges and add to blender (if you want more fibre) or put through juicer for a cleaner texture, then add to blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and top with pure water, if necessary.
- Blend, and add liquid or coconut meat to adjust texture to your preference.
- Great any time of the day.
- Put in popsicle trays if you want a healthy cold treat for the kids (including you)!