There’s something special about a fresh ginger snap during the holiday season. The warming spices and rich molasses simply hit the spot, especially with a hot cup of tea.
Unfortunately, many ginger snap recipes don’t make the cut when it comes to quality and clean ingredients. In this recipe, you can be sure that you have a much healthier version, without a sacrifice in taste.
The purpose of this ginger snap recipe is to replace the unhealthy oils, fats, sugars, and flours with much healthier choices, and make them delicious to boot!
- 1 cup of organic spelt flour
- 1 cup of organic coconut flour
- 3/4 cup of organic coconut sugar
- 1 organic egg
- 1/4 tsp of pink salt
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tsp of organic Ceylon cinnamon
- 2 tsp of organic ground ginger
- 3/4 cup of organic coconut oil (don’t skimp on this measurement)
- 1/4 cup of organic blackstrap molasses
- Soften coconut oil then mix with egg, coconut sugar, and blackstrap molasses.
- Mix other dry ingredients together in a separate bowl (flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger).
- Mix the wet and dry components together.
- Make dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch wide balls and place on dry cookie sheet, about 2 to 3 inches apart to allow for expansion.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Cookies will become “cracked” when ready.
- Options: You can dip the top of the raw cookie dough balls into coconut sugar for extra sweetness and texture. You can also slightly adjust the spices to your liking. I sometimes add a 1/4 tsp of ground cloves as well.