Nothing beats a nice hot beverage on a cool day, and for most people this means a fresh coffee or an inviting tea. Of course, there are plenty of other options that are just as delicious and many that are much healthier overall, like this Coconut Chaga Latte.
The purpose of this recipe is to provide a healthier, non-caffeinated version to the hot beverage arsenal. This latte will give your body and brain a dose of healthy fats, immune support, liver love, and antioxidants.
- 4 ounces of full fat organic coconut milk (no added preservatives or thickeners)
- 8 ounces of purified or spring water (boiled)
- 1 tbsp of 100% organic chaga mushroom powder
- 1 tbsp of organic coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp of organic ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of organic ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp of organic ground nutmeg
- Dash of organic ground cloves
- Optional: 4-6 drops of liquid stevia (to replace coconut sugar)
- Put coconut milk in cup, then add dry ingredients and stir together. Add boiling water to cup to top up and stir again to blend all the ingredients.
The views and services offered by Healing the Body are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical service, but as an alternative for those who are seeking natural solutions for better health. As part of this service, we recommend certain products that we are affiliated with because we have personal experience in using them and believe they can create noticeable results for others when used properly and are cleared by your medical professional. For more information, please see our full disclosure.