I spent 10 years unwinding 13 chronic disease conditions, 5 intense ones, and at the end of it all I came out with more knowledge and wisdom about the body and how to heal it, than I could have ever imagined.
And although it took a heroic effort, looking back I realized that health is not that complicated, IF you can break it down into easy to understand concepts.
So that’s what I did.
Unfortunately, most health professionals and gurus don’t understand the details of these concepts very well, because most of them have never had to rebuild their burned out body, step by step.
I’m here to tell you they work, when paired with appropriate details, and I have proven this time and time again over a period of 6 years of helping others heal chronic health issues, especially digestive and autoimmune concerns.
So, take a minute to really take these concepts in, and realize they are the foundation of ANY health recovery and continuing to be well, in a world that has been set up to make us sick.
But before I do that, how do most chronic health conditions originate?
The majority of all health issues are rooted in infections (biological and chemical), and nutrient deficiencies. The most common biological infections are bacterial and viral, and the most common chemical infections are heavy metals and glyphosate.
Simply eating a whole foods diet is not enough to take care of these infections and deficiencies, which is why most people fail to achieve the level of health they desire. The devil is in the details.
For now, understand that overcoming disease and being well boils down to these 11 foundational approaches:
- Consuming as many anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-parasitic foods and beverages as possible, on a daily basis.
- Making sure these foods are high in enzymes, probiotics, vitamins, and minerals (less cooking, more raw foods advised).
- Choosing highly hydrating foods (fruits and vegetables) over dehydrating ones (flours, meats, alcohol, coffee). Remember, your body is 70% water, and straight water consumption is NOT the best way to hydrate.
- Putting the least amount of pressure on the digestive system as possible, to allow it and other areas of the body to generate the energy to heal (this includes the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas).
- Using supplements as adjuncts to your diet, not as the magic bullet. Supplements can NOT outperform a bad diet, but can help accelerate nutrient uptake and cleansing.
- Staying away from man-made chemicals (MSG, aspartame, artificial colours and dyes, etc), and highly processed (nutrient deficient) foods.
- Cultivating a grateful and positive outlook on life (anxiety and stress compromise digestion, adrenals, and other areas of the body).
- Staying physically “grounded”, as much as possible, to offset EMF exposure and to improve overall health.
- Enjoying proper exposure to the sun, when possible, to increase uptake of the critical nutrient known as vitamin D.
- Being part of a like-minded community, investing in your passions, and helping others.
- Movement (some type of exercise) and flow.
Seems logical for the most part, right? That’s the simplicity of it. The intimate details within each is where the real magic happens when wanting to heal the body and enjoy ease and happiness on a daily basis.