Everyone seems to love a good chip. However, chips commonly found in stores contain non-organic potatoes, iodized salt, and less than desirable fats. This is very easy to clean up without a serious sacrifice in taste, and with that, zucchini chips were born.
The purpose of this recipe is to provide a healthier alternative to the conventional potato chip. This can be largely accomplished by introducing a generally cleaner vegetable (if choosing conventional), healthier salt, and avoiding less desirable oils.
- Dehydrator (preferable) or oven
- Zucchini (as much as you wish to slice)
- Sea salt or herbamare
- Apple cider vinegar
- Slice zucchini into thin rounds (about an 1/8 inch thick)
- Soak or toss in apple cider vinegar (depending on your taste preferences for vinegar)
- Sprinkle salt on chips (as desired)
- Place in dehydrator at temperature you choose, and remove when they become crispy. Amount of time will depend on temperature and thickness (budget for at least 8 hours). If choosing oven, bake at the lowest temperature possible.
- As desired. They’re good for you, remember?