Due to the state of power bars and other chewy energy snacks, we seriously need an alternative. Not only are they devoid of any good ingredients, they’ve managed to fill them with all the ingredients you want to avoid like soy, sugar, and synthetic vitamins. Well, its time for a change. It’s time for Superfood Power Bites.
We need a snack that we can just pop into our mouth, feel satisfied, and enjoy some sustainable energy through it’s high quality nutrition. Fortunately, these little beauties do all of that while supplying our bodies with a comprehensive spectrum of EFA’s, amino acids, B-Vitamins, enzymes, chlorophyll, and trace minerals. That’s just a small sampling of what is in this powerful superfood snack!
- Food processor
- 3/4 cups brazil nuts
- 3/4 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked
- 1/2 cup dried figs (packed)
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp bee pollen
- 1 tbsp of green superfood powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Put pumpkin seeds, figs, greens powder, and salt in food processor and process until they reach a sticky consistency. Scoop into another mixing bowl.
- Process brazil nuts and walnuts until fine but crumbly, and add to mixing bowl with the above mix.
- Add hemp hearts and cacao nibs to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Mixture will be thick and stick so will be easiest to combine with hands. Add bee pollen at the end.
- Roll into 1-2 inch balls. Store in airtight container in fridge. Will keep for up to 2 weeks.
- Make perfect mid morning and mid afternoon snacks. Careful…they get addicting.
The views and services offered by Healing the Body are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical service, but as an alternative for those who are seeking natural solutions for better health. As part of this service, we recommend certain products that we are affiliated with because we have personal experience in using them and believe they can create noticeable results for others when used properly and are cleared by your medical professional. For more information, please see our full disclosure.