A soup that has a little bit of sweet and a little bit of spicy? Sounds like a great meal on a cool day. You can have it by making this squash ginger soup recipe.
The purpose of this squash ginger soup recipe is to create a smooth, sweet and spicy soup that is rich in vitamin C, carotene, and antibacterial, fungal, and viral properties.
This is an excellent fall and winter soup, as it increases your vitamin C content and provides healing to the digestive system where 80% of your immune system lies. The stronger your immune system, the less likely you are to come down with an infection.
- Large pot
- 1-2 tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 acorn or butternut squash, skinned and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Large piece of ginger root (3 inches long)
- Water to cover
- Sea salt to taste
- Saute carrots, onions, celery, and garlic in coconut oil
- Add squash and ginger
- Cover with water
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Puree and adjust water to desired consistency
- Add sea salt and simmer for 10 more minutes
- Any meal of the day is awesome.