I’ve never met a kale chip I didn’t like, but there are certainly some recipes that win over my heart more than others. This is one of them.
The purpose of this kale chip recipe is to combine the tangy flavour of limes to the heat of cayenne, along with a bit of pink sea salt, to bring out a burst of flavour in each chip.
Kale is an incredibly healing plant food, and switching from potato chips to these will not only satisfy your tastebuds, but also your need for crunch and nutrients.
- Large mixing bowl
- Food dehydrator (an oven on lowest setting will work in pinch)
- 1 medium to large bunch of kale
- 1 medium to large lime
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp Pink sea salt
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Optional: Nutritional yeast
- Pull off leaves of kale into bite size “chips” and place in mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and massage into kale liberally.
- Squeeze juice of one lime onto mixture, and mix.
- Place kale chips on dehydrator tray or cookie sheet (if using oven) and sprinkle sea salt and cayenne on them, as desired.
- Set dehydrator to 120F, or oven to lowest setting possible (to avoid destroying enzymes).
- Cook until chips are “crispy”, being careful to not burn (if using oven).
- A great snack at any time of the day. Be careful…one bunch of kale chips will go FAST.
If this article was helpful, consider directly supporting Healing the Body so that I can keep providing information (AD FREE) like this to help you on your health journey. Much LOVE and appreciation!