We love our pasta’s, don’t we? What we sometimes don’t love is everything that goes along with eating traditional pasta. Well, this is a way for you to have the pasta-like meal without the harmful ingredients that usually comes with the traditional pasta dish with sauces. It’s so refreshing you’ll wonder why you haven’t thought of this before!
It’s not easy to enjoy a pasta that’s organic, GMO-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut free and sugar free. This is a way for you to do just that. Enjoy the fun of eating fresh spaghetti-like noodles over a basil pesto sauce that will have you coming back for seconds. Not to mention the great nutrients you’re packing into the sauce. It’s a win win!
- Food processor
- Vegetable spiral slicer (julienne peeler or mandolin will work)
- 3 medium zucchinis
- Cherry tomatoes (for garnish)
- 3/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the basil pesto ingredients, except for the oil, in a small food professor.
- Pulse to combine.
- Slowly drizzle the oil in a consistent stream while the machine is running. Once all the oil is in, continue blending for about 15 seconds.
- Set sauce aside.
- Peal zucchini’s and cut off the ends.
- Run the zucchini through vegetable spiral slicer.
- Put zucchini noodles in a bowl and lightly toss with basil pesto.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes cut in half and a couple basil leaves.
- Eat for a snack, lunch or dinner (makes a great dinner party dish).
- To add a little roasted flavour, you can lightly toast your pumpkin seeds prior to using.