Everyone loves a good pizza pie. Ever since it was introduced to North America, pizza joints have popped up everywhere. The only problem is that these pizzas have taken a serious turn for the worse in terms of quality ingredients. We change all that with this raw pizza recipe.
The purpose of this raw pizza recipe is to eliminate the GMO wheat and gluten, sugary sauces, gut damaging cheeses, and nitrite/hormone/antibiotic filled meats with quality grains, oils, vegetables, and seasonings. Then we dehydrate it to create a crispy crust without cooking it to death.
This results in many more nutrients available to your body, and a better tasting pizza.
- Food processor
Raw Pizza Crust
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 ¾ cups sunflower seeds, soaked for at least 6 hours
- 1 ¼ cups hulled buckwheat kernels, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 1 cup ground flax seeds
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, soaked for at least 2 hours
- ¼ cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp ground back pepper
Raw Pizza Crust
- Place carrot, onion, sun-dried tomatoes and spices in food processor, process until smooth (May have to do in 2 separate batches depending on the size of your food processor). Drain and rise buckwheat and sunflower seeds and add to processor, continue to process until well combined and still slightly chunky. Place mixture in mixing bowl and stir in ground flax.
- Line dehydrator trays with Teflex sheets and divide batter into individually sized pizzas (8”x 8” is a good size). With rubber spatula smooth crusts to ¼” thick leaving space between each one.
- Place crusts in dehydrator and dehydrate at 115F for 12+ hours. Flip crusts onto screen and remove Teflex sheets (when dry enough to do so). Dehydrate for an additional 12-24 hours.
- Store in air tight container
- Apply a thin layer of almond hummus to the prepared pizza crust.
- Top with sprouts, cultured veggies, tomatoes, and avocado
- Try to limit to one meal a day. 🙂