I love a good salad, especially one that combines my favourite grain with greens and some amazing herbs. Check into this refreshing and filling quinoa salad, and see if you don’t agree with me that is is quite simply the bomb.
Sometimes we just need a good salad that keeps for a few days that can be enjoyed in any season, especially warm summers when cooking is not appealing. This quinoa salad offers clean protein, healthy fats, Vitamin C, and many antibacterial ingredients. Aside from that, it’s freaking delicious.
The mint and the cilantro seriously talk to me in this mouth watering recipe.
- Vegetable Steamer
- Small mixing bowl
- Large food storage container
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- Combine quinoa, water, and place in vegetable steamer for up to 1 hour or until outer ring appears
- Allow to cool in a large bowl or container
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, mint, cilantro, shallot, and arugula.
- Stir into the cooled quinoa and add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Place 1 cup of baby arugula on each salad plate. Top with quinoa mixture, avocado, and grapefruit.
- Enjoy on a warm summer afternoon, or anytime you are craving a seriously filling and addicting salad.