When fall approaches, our mind and body starts to crave seasonal food that can not only warm our bodies but nourish them as well. The popularity of the pumpkin spice latte has blown up through large coffee purveyors like Starbucks, but in this recipe, we substitute the unhealthy ingredients and get the same great taste from the comfort of your own home.
The purpose of this pumpkin spice latte is to take advantage of the seasonal fare and satisfy our desire for warm beverages in the cool down. Pumpkin meat is an exceptional source of vitamin A, and also contains beneficial amount of vitamin c and potassium. The mixture of spices adds digestive and circulatory benefits.
I do warn you…it’s impossible to have just one of these satisfying concoctions.
- 16 oz of coconut, almond, or raw milk
- 5 tbsp of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1-3 dashes of ground cloves
- Sweetener as desired (coconut sugar and/or stevia are good choices)
- Optional: Shot of organic coffee
- Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into small pot and heat to desired temperature.
- Pour back into mug and adjust to satisfy your taste profile.
- Go nuts. ‘Tis the season!