With the season of pumpkins around the corner, we’ve come up with another way to enjoy the savoury taste of fall without spending all evening in the kitchen.
To enjoy the wonderful taste and health benefits of pumpkin and fall spices in an easy, ready to grab breakfast cookie.
- Large mixing bowl
- 1/4 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter you prefer)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/8 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all wet ingredients together then add the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Scoop batter to whatever size cookie you’d like and flatten out to the desired thickness since these do not spread on their own.
- Bake approximately 10-15 minutes, according to thickness.
- Remove from baking sheet 2 minutes after cooling and transfer to cooling rack.
- These are wonderful chilled; so you can store in an airtight bag in the refrigerator and grab a snack when you need one.
- These can also be frozen on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Once frozen, transfer to freezer bag and thaw before eating.