Everyone likes a good cookie, but regrettably, they are filled with inflaming sugars, fats, flours, and other funny stuff. However, these “cookies” are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth, while simultaneously boosting your immune system and giving you a clean, health, energy kick! How sweet is that?
The dates are high in iron and calcium, and the maca is a superfood that is known for its strengthening and immune-enhancing properties.
The cashews and almonds are a great source of omegas and protein, and the cacao nibs are very high in antioxidants.
Now you can have your cookie, and feel good about it too!
(Photo Credit: Janet Malowany)
- Food processor
- ½ cup (packed) pitted dried dates (12 dates)
- ¼ cup each: raw cashews, raw almonds, and rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons organic maca powder
- 1 tablespoon each: vanilla and coconut nectar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add last: 2 tbsp of raw cacao nibs
- In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients except for the cacao nibs.
- When the mixture is in fine crumbs and very sticky, remove and add the cacao nibs.
- Make into small bite size balls, then shape into cookies.
- Makes 12 cookies. GF/SF
- Consume ONLY as an occasional treat.