Lemonade kefir is a probiotic beverage that can be enjoyed at any time, but is particularly refreshing as a warm summer drink that not only hydrates you, but helps provide energy in the draining heat. Learn how to make this go to kefir recipe, and give in to your new found craving!
This sparkly fresh beverage is a potent immune booster and liver cleanser. Chalked full of probiotics and good bacteria this sucker will not only boost your immune system, but the lemon juice will help cleanse that liver. In addition to that, your gut health will clean up dramatically if you drink this on a daily basis.
So what are you waiting for…this lemonade is ready to make you feel great, and it tastes great to boot! What more could you want from a beverage?
- Juicer or juice press
- 1 litre pot or larger
- Thermometer or clean finger
- Mason jars or otherwise sealed containers (preferably glass)
- 12 lemons
- 24 cups purified or spring water
- 1/3 cup of raw cane sugar
- 1 kefir starter (or a couple probiotic capsules)
- Peel and juice the lemons and place juice in a large pot on stove.
- Add water and sweetener and heat to 90 degrees (slightly warm to touch) and stir.
- Remove from heat and add kefir starter. Let sit for around 20 min.
- Place lemonade in mason jars, making sure to leave an inch or 2 at the top for air and seal.
- Place out of direct sunlight in a warm area of your home (72 to 77F) for 48-72 hours.
- Start with 1-2 oz first thing in the morning, and end with 1-2 oz at night. Increase as desired.