In the search for the cure to multiple diseases, we find ourselves running, singing, and eating for charities that are committed to throwing a dump truck full of money at scientists who then have the monumental task of creating a “nuclear” weapon that can single-handedly destroy the disease in question.
Meanwhile, the most powerful weapon proven to actually eliminate the body of serious disease, the immune system, barely gets an honorable mention as it silently struggles to do its job while generally being treated poorly.
If only we could finally wake up and discover that the answer to removing all disease processes comes from properly feeding and stimulating the immune system. However, taking care of the immune system requires work and effort, often a major hold up in a society that wants everything delivered on a silver platter yesterday.
For those who do want the only proven cure to any disease and to make the transition to healthier state of being, consider the following recommendations to optimize your immune system naturally, and get you locked and loaded for whatever may come your way.
Eliminate the immune system suppressors
The first step to proper immune function is to largely eliminate the worst offenders in its suppression, namely:
– All forms of sugar
– Processed food
– Corn and soy
– Hydrogenated fats
– Factory farmed animal products (meat, dairy)
– Chemical additives and preservatives
– Heavy metals (fillings, pollution, seafood)
– Erratic sleep patterns
Any one of these offenders can severely suppress your immune system. If you engage in several, the compounding effects leaves this system unable to do its job effectively and makes you a willing host to all kinds of viruses, bacteria, and disease processes.
Incorporate the immune system builders
The second step to proper immune function is to enlist powerful allies that help defend the system and respond to various offenders on a day-to-day basis. These powerful immune system supporters include:
– A wide variety of clean, local, and fresh vegetables and fruit, notably garlic, onion, ginger, turmeric, peppers, cruciferous vegetables, dark leafy greens, lemons, and berries
– Vitamin C (camu camu, acerola cherry, guava, kale, oranges)
– Vitamin D (sunlight and/or fermented cod liver oil)
– Zinc (pumpkin seeds)
– Probiotics (sauerkraut, coconut kefir, apple cider vinegar, kombucha)
– Antibacterial agents like Echinacea, goldenseal, uva ursi, and colloidal silver
– Antiviral herbs like una de gato, pau d’arco, astagalus, olive leaf, and oil of oregano
– Adaptogenic herbs like reishi, astragalus, gynostemma, and ginseng
– Pure, clean water
– Moderate exercise
– Proper sleep patterns
The quickest way to see the results of an improved immune system is to stop doing the things that suppress it. Then, transition your lifestyle to include more of the immune system builders. This will supercharge your immune system and adequately prepare it for any threats it may encounter.
Sources for this article include: