Ketchup…it’s found on the tables of diners across the country, and in the fridge of households everywhere. Whether its your home fries or burger, it makes everything a bit more tasty. Learn how to make a homemade ketchup that is not only delicious, but easier on the body.
A typical bottle of ketchup contains tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, and a few other ingredients. The purpose of this homemade ketchup recipe is to eliminate the bad food combination of sugar and vinegar, and add some beneficial spices to make your ketchup better for your taste buds and your gut.
It doesn’t hurt your wallet either.
- Medium sauce pan
- 2 and 3/4 cups plain organic tomato puree
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp stevia powder
- Simmer all ingredients in medium sauce pan over medium heat for a few minutes or until mixture begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and cover with lid, allow steam to escape.
- Continue to cook and stir occasionally for 30 minutes or until desired thickness.
- Pour into glass jar or container and store in fridge. Use within 2 weeks, or freeze it if you like.
- Use on all things requiring ketchup.