Pancakes…an iconic staple at the North American breakfast table and restaurants everywhere. For many people, nothing beats a good flap jack with plenty of butter and maple syrup. However, the ingredients are often suspect for those trying to get healthy. Learn how to make delicious healthy pancakes, without the highly questionable ingredients.
Pancakes are often made of wheat and plenty of refined sugar. To avoid this bad food combination, we use a more digestible flour mix (gluten free), a good source of fibre, and some sugar regulating spices. In the end you have a delicious pancake that largely avoids the digestive issues, satisfies your craving for a filling and slightly sweet breakfast, and is more nutrient rich than their inferior counterparts. Enjoy them in moderation.
- Quality blender
- 1 cup flour blend (1/2 cup quinoa flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, & 2 tbsp of coconut flour)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tbsp raw butter or coconut oil
- Place dry ingredients in blender and pulse to fine flour
- Add wet ingredients and blend until smooth
- Preheat skillet on medium heat and add butter or oil to prevent sticking
- Pour pancake mix into skillet into desired serving sizes. Let sit until bubbles form, then flip. Let sit for about 20 seconds, and it will be done.
- Add toppings such as blueberries, coconut, strawberries, yogurt, coconut sugar, or pure grade b maple syrup.
- Make it a special treat for you and the kids. Stick to smoothies as your main go-to breakfast meal.
If this article was helpful, consider directly supporting Healing the Body so that I can keep providing information (AD FREE) like this to help you on your health journey. Much LOVE and appreciation!