Chocolate chip cookies…perhaps the most popular cookie of all. There is hardly a mom alive that hasn’t made these at one point for their children (including her huband :)) to satisfy their snacking needs. Well, it’s time to take it up a notch and make a batch that are not only tasty, but deliver more on the healthy side of the equation. Check out these healthy chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate chip cookies are not inherently healthy. When you typically combine wheat, processed sugar, conventional butter, and chocolate chips that contain soy and modified milk ingredients, it can become a disaster for digestion.
The purpose of this recipe is to put this family favourite on the snack plate, with a healthy twist for your gut. Don’t worry…no one will notice it’s healthier. It’s our secret.
- Small and large bowl
- Cookie sheet(s)
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar syrup
- 1/2 to 1 cup dark chocolate chips (make sure they are soy and dairy free)
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl
- Stir together wet ingredients in a small bowl
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Form 1 inch balls and press onto a parchment paper/silicone lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350F for 7-10 minutes
- Place on cooling rack
- Enjoy your new healthy chocolate chip cookies in moderation.
Another cookie recipe: Gluten Free Soft Chewy Ginger Cookie Recipe.