Nothing beats a good soup, especially on a cool winter day. It warms the body and the smell can awaken our senses and bring fond memories. This curried butternut squash soup doesn’t stop at one bowl, and it’s time add to your recipe book.
A good soup can not be underestimated, and this curried butternut squash soup delivers some serious taste sensations. Not only does it bring a nice blend of sweet and spicy, it nourishes your body with vitamin C, healthy fats, antibacterial agents, a host of minerals, and helps heal your digestive system.
A great way to warm up your body on a cool winters day!
- Large soup pot
- High powered blender
- 1 (2 pound) butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 firm ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1 inch dice
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C)
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membrane.
- Place squash halves, cut sides down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until very soft, about 45 minutes.
- Scoop the pulp from the peel, and reserve.
- Melt coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, and salt.
- Cook and stir until the onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pears and the reserved squash, and simmer until the pears are very soft, about 30 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot, stir in the almond or coconut milk, and reheat if necessary.
- Enjoy on a cool fall or winter day, and don’t be shy on that extra bowl. It’s worth it.
The views and services offered by Healing the Body are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical service, but as an alternative for those who are seeking natural solutions for better health. As part of this service, we recommend certain products that we are affiliated with because we have personal experience in using them and believe they can create noticeable results for others when used properly and are cleared by your medical professional. For more information, please see our full disclosure.