I’m starting to think there isn’t much that doesn’t go with chocolate. But if I had to choose, the combination of chocolate and peppermint is an all time favourite. That icy and invigorating smell of peppermint combined with the euphoric feeling that comes with chocolate make this a pairing that’s tough to resist. That’s why I created this chocolate peppermint smoothie recipe.
In the vein of childhood memories of PEP and After Eights, I wanted to create a treat that could mimic the same flavour, without the sugar, dairy, and artificial flavours.
What you end up with is the antioxidant and feel good qualities of a raw cacao, the digestive benefits of peppermint, and the healthy saturated fats of coconut oil in this unique smoothie recipe. Make an extra batch and put them in ice cube trays in the freezer for a nice frozen snack.
- Good quality blender
- 1 cup almond, coconut, or raw milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 3 tbsp of raw cacao
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 drop peppermint oil (or 3-4 mint leaves)
- Stevia to sweeten, as desired
- Add ice and milk
- Add remainder of ingredients
- Blend to taste
- Enjoy at any time of the day as a smoothie, or put liquid mixture in ice cube trays and freeze as multiple treats.