Adding chocolate to nearly any kind of fruit can taste good, but adding it to berries and cherries takes it to another level. It’s time to take chocolate covered cherries to a whole new level, and make it an essential part of your morning.
The purpose of this smoothie recipe is to exploit the tasty combo of chocolate and cherries, as well as adding in some subtle greens to alkalize it, and some hemp to give your brain and immune system a boost. Cherries are often good for inflammation and a more restful sleep, and chocolate gives you a boost and releases happy hormones!
If you have intestinal problems, this may create some discomfort.
- Good quality blender
- 2 cups frozen organic cherries
- 2 cups hemp, almond, or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp of Total Nutrition Powder
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 4 tbsp of cacao
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional: Stevia or low glycemic sweetener to taste
- Add cherries, hemp, cacao nibs, and spinach
- Add milk to cover
- Blend until smooth
- Enjoy first thing in the morning, or as a mid afternoon snack.