Chocolate and peppermint – my favorite combination! This power smoothie is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, keto and actually healthy.
Made with superfood ingredients, this will tantalize your taste buds and give you energy.
If you are like me and don’t drink coffee, I heavily rely on chocolate to give me the boost I need during the day. Not only does chocolate give you energy it is also packed full of nutrition!
In its raw form, chocolate actually has a lot of health benefits, here are just a few:
- richest source of magnesium than any other food
- keeps you fuller longer, thanks to the MOA inhibitors allowing more serotonin to circulate in the brain
- has Phenylethylamine (PEA), an adrenal-related chemical created in the brain that is released when we are in love. PEA also increases focus and alertness
- high amounts of antioxidants – 100 grams of raw cacao powder has an antioxidant rating (ORAC value) of 100,000 which is super high, compared to Acai berries which only have a ORAC value of 18, 500
Make this recipe with your kids and for your family; everyone will love it!
- 1/2 ripe avocado peeled and deseeded
- 1/2 cup full-fat premium coconut milk preferably free of guar gum
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 tbsp golden lakanto or other low sugar sweetener
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbps raw cacao nibs
- 6 drops vanilla medicine flower extract or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 drops food-grade peppermint essential oil
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
Serve with coconut whipped cream and top with cacao nibs.