Soups are a great way to nourish the digestive system and give it a break from the typical onslaught that overworks it every single day. This broccoli fennel soup does exactly that.
The purpose of this soup recipe is to make a delicious creation that will not only be accepted by the family, but will also be very kind to their digestive systems.
Rich in Vitamin C and K, and loaded with antibacterial, viral, and fungal qualities, this soup will keep things ‘moving’. Enjoy some on a weekly basis!
- Large pot
- Good quality blender
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 large onion
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp of organic, extra virgin coconut oil
- Feathery fennel tops from one bulb of fennel
- 6 cups of filtered water
- 1 tsp of ground fennel seed
- Sea salt to taste
- Chop broccoli and separate stems
- Saute onion, garlic, and ground fennel in coconut oil until onion is translucent
- Add broccoli florets and stems, as well as fennel and water
- Simmer until tender (20 mins)
- Blend mixture in blender until smooth
- Return to large pot and simmer, adding sea salt to taste
- Enjoy repeatedly!