Juicing is a very simple way to get your recommended intake of fruits and vegetables, all in the convenience of a single cup. Don’t be fooled into thinking that juicing at home is not as tasty as those juices you see in the store. In fact, with a little practice, your fresh, clean, and delicious juice will make you wonder why you ever stopped at the store in the first place. This apple ginger zing juice recipe is a great example.
The purpose of this juice recipe is to provide something that you, the other half, and the kids will drink that is loaded with nutrients!
The simple combination of greens, apples, and ginger gives you an antioxidant boost full of chlorophyll, antioxidants, and digestive support. You also get a nice does of calcium, vitamin K, vitamin C and plenty of beneficial enzymes and probiotics.
- A good quality juicer
- 2 handfuls of kale or spinach
- 2 green apples
- 3-6 inch slice of cucumber
- 1/2 inch nub of ginger
- Optional Add-Ins: Celery, cucumber, and turmeric root.
- Throw in spinach, ginger, and apple (cut in pieces if your juicer is not powerful enough) and push through your juicer.
- A great morning juice, or drink 15 minutes before a meal to improve digestion.