Some days, you are just in the mood for a good soup. A common challenge is finding a good healthy soup that will satisfy any hungry men or teenagers you may be feeding.
This hamburger soup recipe is hearty, full of great nutrients and guaranteed to fill up even the hungriest of men.
- Large soup pot
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 lbs organic ground beef (or bison)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt (less if beef broth is salted)
- 1/2 small head of green cabbage
- 4 large carrots (diced)
- 3 stocks celery (diced)
- 1 large clump of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 4 cups homemade beef broth
- Heat large soup pot over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and diced onions
- Cook until onions are almost transparent
- Add in minced garlic and cook for another minute
- Add the ground beef to the pot and cook until no pink remains
- Place the chopped cabbage into the pot with about 1 cup of boiling water. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot, saving 1/4 of the chopped parsley for serving
- Depending on how you like your soup (more broth or more “chunky” you can adjust how much broth or water you add)
- Bring to boil
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until vegetables are tender and to your liking (about 20-30 minutes)
- Ensure flavor is good before removing from heat
- Serve into individual bowls and top with chopped parsley
- Makes one large pot of soup
- If you don’t have access to fresh beef bone broth, store bought will work (although you wouldn’t have the health benefits associated with homemade bone broth). You may have to adjust the salt and pepper added based on what you use.
- This soup is also great to freeze!