Do you like to spice it up a little? Does everything taste a little better with some zip? Spices certainly can take a dull meal and turn it into a something that invigorates your body and your mind. However, spices and sauces have been subject to nasty ingredients, just like everything else on the grocery shelf. Learn how to make your own healthy hot sauce, and keep it fresh and clean.
The purpose of this healthy hot sauce recipe is to give you the health benefits of hot peppers, without the additional ingredients that only harm your health like white vinegar (GMO and hard on the digestive system), iodized salt, and refined sugar. As a special bonus, we up the nutritional value by adding an enzyme and probiotic rich liquid!
- Sharp knife
- Small tincture bottle or container
- 2-3 ripe jalapeño peppers (or other hot pepper, adjust amount for your desired hotness)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cut up hot peppers into “rounds” (diced is fine) and put in bottom of a small (6-8 oz) container with lid.
- Pour apple cider vinegar over top the hot peppers, until covered.
- Leave to soak for 30-60 days in dark cupboard, at room temperature. Shake daily.
- Pour off liquid through strainer into a tincture bottle or other glass container. Store and use.
- Use as a hot sauce or tincture. Either way will put a pep in your step! Great for circulation, digestion, and immunity.