Nothing beats a nice hot beverage on a cool day, and for most people this means a fresh coffee or an inviting tea. Of course, there are plenty of other options that are just as delicious and many that are much healthier overall, like this Coconut Chaga Latte.
The purpose of this recipe is to provide a healthier, non-caffeinated version to the hot beverage arsenal. This latte will give your body and brain a dose of healthy fats, immune support, liver love, and antioxidants.
- 4 ounces of full fat organic coconut milk (no added preservatives or thickeners)
- 8 ounces of purified or spring water (boiled)
- 1 tbsp of 100% organic chaga mushroom powder
- 1 tbsp of organic coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp of organic ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of organic ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp of organic ground nutmeg
- Dash of organic ground cloves
- Optional: 4-6 drops of liquid stevia (to replace coconut sugar)
- Put coconut milk in cup, then add dry ingredients and stir together. Add boiling water to cup to top up and stir again to blend all the ingredients.