When you have a cough, cold, or flu, the best idea is to drink plenty of fluids like fresh water, teas, juices, and soups. Made appropriately, they will stimulate the immune system and facilitate easy digestion so that more energy reserves can go to removing the bacteria or virus that is challenging your immune system. This is the best soup for sickness for its simplicity and effectiveness.
The purpose of this soup recipe is to create an excellent remedy for anyone suffering from colds, coughs, flu, sore throats, or any other bacterial or viral infection.
The potent combination of the antibacterial, antiviral, and probiotic elements helps knock down the invading bacteria while stimulating the digestive and immune systems for their more hasty removal. This soup can be eaten reactively, or proactively, to obtain good health.
- Large pot
- Optional: Blender
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 head of garlic, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 pieces of celery, chopped
- 6 tbsp of ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup of miso (organic, fermented soybean paste)
- 2 quarts of filtered or fresh water
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- Boil the vegetables in the pot until tender (approx. 30 minutes), then add ginger and garlic and boil another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Take some hot soup from pot and mix with miso to form a thick liquid. Add to the soup and serve.
- Squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice into the bowl, and for an added boost, add some crushed garlic to the top of the bowl.
- Optional: After all vegetables are tender from boiling, throw chunky soup into blender with miso and blend to make a smoother consistency soup.
- Consume as a reactive to an infection, or as a preventative to it.
- Eat as desired, until signs of infection are gone.