The typical choices we make in the grocery store have fallen significantly short of providing the nutrients we require in order to live a healthy lifestyle. Processed and chemically laden foods riddle the shelves, and much of the produce section is severely short on nourishment due to growing and harvesting practices. So what does a person do to ensure they are getting what they need on a daily basis? I’d suggest they consider these eight superfoods that can heal the entire body.
Aloe vera has 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids, 200 active plant compounds (phytonutrients), and strong antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties.
Aloe vera benefits include:
• Eases inflammation and arthritic pain
• Heals ulcers and a wide variety of digestive disorders and complications
• Treats Candida and parasites
• Reduces heart attacks and strokes
• Helps halt the growth of cancer tumors
Bee pollen is a rich source of carotenoids, 22 amino acids, and enzymes. It is a also good source of B-vitamins, vitamin C and E, and over 68 minerals.
Bee pollen benefits include:
• Combats cancer, diabetes, arthritis, and depression
• Promotes increased strength, stamina, endurance and energy levels
• Increases concentration and memory
• Improves fertility and enhances sexual activity
• Increases resistance to infections
Maca is a very nutrient-dense superfood and a complete source of amino acids. It also is rich in B-vitamins, vitamins C and E, and is a good source of copper, iron, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc.
Maca benefits include:
• Improves anemia
• Reduces chronic fatigue
• Relieves stress and depression
• Improves libido and fertility
• Improves adrenal function
• Strengthens memory
Reishi is a rich source of antioxidants. It is also a good source of B-vitamins, as well as potassium, niacin, magnesium, selenium, copper, and phosphorus.
Reishi benefits include:
• Combats immune-related disorders like allergies, arthritis, and cancer
• Reduces physical and mental stress
• Reduces inflammation
• Protects the liver
• Helps correct digestive disorders
Due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties turmeric can be used for a wide variety of ailments, and has been showing to provide the following healing benefits:
- Supports the immune system
- Helps improve digestion
- Promotes healthy blood and liver function
- Helps cleanse the skin
- Eases arthritic pain and promotes flexibility
- Slows and reverses onset of Alzheimer’s disease
- Helps fight cancer cells
- Promotes heart health
With inflammation, digestive, and immune system issues running rampant, turmeric could very well be the spice that can help relieve those problems.
Chlorella is a rich source of complete protein, a potent source of chlorophyll, and rich in the entire vitamin complex. It is also an exceptional source of iron and zinc, as well as magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, and potassium.
Chlorella benefits include:
• Helps detoxify biotoxins, xenobiotics, and heavy metals
• Helps kill candida and yeast overgrowth
• Known cancer fighter
• Prevents and improves diabetes and insulin resistance
• Reduces pain associated with arthritis and fibromyalgia
• Helps heal and repair tissue growth
• Reduces and eliminates digestive issues
Hemp contains 20 amino acids and is a complete source of plant protein. It is also nature’s most abundant source of essential fatty acids and has a perfect 3 to 1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3.
Hemp benefits include:
• Fortifies immune system
• Reduces inflammation
• Improves memory and prevents brain-related diseases
• Clears up skin disorders
• Helps keep digestive tract healthy and clean
• Helps prevent cancer
• Helps reduce risk of diabetes
Coconut is an excellent source of fatty acids, including lauric acid and caprylic acid, which destroy bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It’s also a good source of B-vitamins and a great source of copper, calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, and zinc.
Coconut benefits include:
• Improves immune system function
• Helps protect against brain-related disorders
• Lowers risk of diabetes
• Reduces joint and muscle inflammation
• Strengthens liver
• Kills bacteria and parasites
• Protects against cancer and other immune-related diseases
• Eases acid reflux and promotes proper digestive function
A great way to incorporate these superfoods on a daily basis so you can heal the body is through a smoothie. Check out our smoothie recipes for more ideas.
The Aloe Vera Miracle
Healing Benefits of Bee Pollen
Healing Benefits of Maca
The Health Benefits of Hemp
Superfood Profile: Discover the Many Health Benefits of Chlorella
Science.NaturalNews.com: Aloe Vera
Top 8 Superfoods That Can Heal Your Entire Body